Friday, June 3, 2011

30 DAY CHALLENGE at the little brick house - No clothes shopping

Hello my name is Amy and I'm a SHOPAHOLIC
But it's always been like this, Jon knew this about me when
we met and married
So I'm taking his challenge!

Day 2 (really day 1)
 but I'm counting yesterday as my day one even though I took the challenge at
 5:00 pm
(I could of shopped last night but I did not)
 to not buy any new clothes for 30 days.

Last night and this morning I felt a little lost
I have a daily or every other day routine of looking at the
Anthropologie sale and J Crew sale websites
I have spent the morning shopping in my closet
and have found lots of items with tags on or items
I have only worn once or twice
 it so it's sorta like real shopping, RIGHT?

I don't wear shorts in the summer. 
I would say I am a skirt and dress kinda summer girl
I wore shorts last summer twice because I 
started to golf.  
I own 2 pairs of shorts, maybe 3
I remember buying some last summer for golfing
but can't seem to find them here at the little brick house.
So long story short
I'm wearing shorts today from 2001 
10 YEARS OLD!
Wearing them one last time then off they go in the get rid of pile.
Or maybe I will keep them for those 4 times I play golf this summer.


Two tanks new with tags (closet shopping)
and shorts from 2001
Day two (one) so far so good!  


8 comments:

  1. Love this Amy! In the past I have been more of a shorts girl, but I actually just decided that this summer I am switching to skirts for the majority of my summer wear. Much cooler and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny I stumbled onto your blog today! I have been toying with the idea of going the entire summer wearing what I already own. This thought came to me as I spent an entire afternoon switching out my closet for summer. Yes, it took that long because I have so many clothes. I organized the closet like a rainbow. I highly recommend doing that yourself. It made it very plain what colors I like and how many articles of those colors I own! I don't need anything black for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you can still fit into shorts that are 10 years old and 2 kids later!!!! Not me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go amy....on all accounts!!! wearing shorts from 10 years ago....now that is amazing! i too love to shop....it's hard to give that up. you could always put the money you would have spent in a jar....after 30 days, instant shopping spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am cracking up Amy...my morning routine with cup of coffee is to check jcrew sale section too! Good luck on your challenge, hope you placed your Boden preview order before it started, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it cracks me up...you and i are one in the same except i cannot fit into shorts from 10 years ago...ill blame it on three kids in three years and working full time.lol. I NEVER EVER WEAR SHORTS! again, only to golf in. Oh, and of course, I have workout shorts.
    working in retail, i had so so many clothing items with tags still on them after sitting in the closet for years. you know, the shirt i had to have because it was on sale. kinda ridiculous:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amy,
    For the last two years I gave my husband the birthday gift of no shopping for clothes for the first 3 months of the year (Jan - Mar) as his December birthday gift. It was very hard but I did it. The worst was when I worked on the CDM Style Show and was helping models pick clothes at all those cute stores like Shoe Shoe Baby etc!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE DRESSES AND SKIRTS! I own ONE pair of shorts! ;-) Keep it up! You would be darling in a PAPER BAG!

    ReplyDelete